Permatex 81668 Stripped Thread Repair Kit Reviews & Coupon
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
(13 customer reviews)
Most helpful customer reviews
7 of 8 people found the following review helpful.
this stuff doesn't work for small bolts.
By James L. Hoffer
i have used this three times trying to fix a M5 hole, on a carburator cover for my motorcycle. each time the screw strips it even with light torque.
i then tried three times with a points gap adjustment screw, and again it will not hold. don't buy
7 of 9 people found the following review helpful.
product doesn't work
By Mike K
Save your money.Followed directions to the T. Product had already gotten bad reviews. I thought maybe they didn't follow directions.It just doesn't work period....
3 of 4 people found the following review helpful.
An Ok Solution
By A Customer
I stripped some threads on a mountain bike bottle cage boss. Instead of drilling it out and rethreading it I tried to use this to fix it. While this worked out I really do not feel like it did exactly what I wanted it to do. The bottle cage has been secure and has not come loose in over 6 months of riding on rough trails, but I think I could have achieved the same result by gluing the screw into the boss.
Bottom line: it works, but it's probably not the best solution.
Permatex Stripped Thread Repair Kit makes reliable thread repairs without drills, taps, tools or inserts. Also restores worn, stripped or damages threads and eliminates future corrosion, galling seizing and rust. Repairs most metal-to-metal fasteners up to SAE grade 5 English and 8.8 metric (coarse and fine), and is effective up to 128 ft. lbs. of torque and between -65 degrees fahrenheit to 300 degrees fahrenheit.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #164296 in Automotive
- Size: Single Unit
- Brand: Permatex
- Model: 81668
- Dimensions: 8.00" h x 3.81" w x 1.13" l, .14 pounds
- Makes reliable thread repairs to most metal-to-metal fasteners (coarse and fine)
- Restores worn, stripped or damaged threads
- Eliminates future corrosion, galling, seizing and rust
- Effective up to 128 ft. lbs. of torque and between -65F to 300F
- Suggested Applications: Intake manifold bracket fastener threads, timing chain cover bolt threads, valve cover bolt threads, water pump bolt threads